The taste of Olde and New England is evident in every bite of our tasty Pear, Cranberry and Horseradish Chutney. Perfect with roasts, particularly turkey!
Pear, Cranberry and Horseradish Chutney
Author: John Ash
Recipe type: Condiments
Serves: 3 Cups
- 1 Cup finely-chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon whole mustard seed
- 2 large firm ripe pears; peeled, cored, and roughly chopped
- 12 ounces cranberries, fresh or frozen
- 1/2 Cup firmly-packed brown sugar
- 3 Tablespoons freshly-grated horseradish; to 6 Tablespoons
- 3 Tablespoons rice wine vinegar; or to taste
- salt, to taste
- freshly-ground black pepper, to taste
- In a small saute pan, saute the onion and garlic in olive oil until soft but not brown.
- Add mustard seed and saute for 1 minute more. Set aside to cool.
- Add pears, cranberries and sugar to a food processor and pulse a few times to coarsely chop mixture.
- Transfer to a bowl and stir in onion mixture, horseradish, vinegar, salt and pepper.
- Store covered in refrigerator up to 2 weeks.
- This recipe yields about 3 cups.
- Recipe Source: JOHN ASH