A candy you can enjoy with only a moderate amount of sin. But such fun to make.
Peanut Butter Balls
Author: Nita Buerck, Overland
Recipe type: Desserts
Serves: 50 to 70
- 1/2 Cup butter (1 stick); softened to room temperature
- 2 Cups creamy peanut butter; see * Note
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 4 Cups powdered sugar; see * Note
- 3 Cups crispy rice cereal such as Rice Krispies
- 1 package chocolate almond bark (1 pound)
- * Note: Two Cups of peanut butter is a little less than 1 (18-ounce) jar.
- Buerck uses the whole jar, which is easier and makes the balls a little creamier.
- A 1-pound box of powdered sugar contains about 3 3/4 cups, which Buerck says is sufficient if you don't have a need for more than one box.
- In bowl of electric mixer, combine butter, peanut butter and vanilla.
- Add powdered sugar; mix well. Mix in cereal (you may have to use your hands; mixture will be quite dry).
- Shape mixture into 1-inch balls. Refrigerate until firm.
- Melt chocolate in top of double boiler over hot (not boiling) water. Dip balls into melted chocolate; place on cookie sheets lined with waxed paper.
- Refrigerate until chocolate is set. Store in covered container away from heat.
- Yields about 50 to 70 balls.