Escoffier’s original recipe is still one of the best desserts ever created. Simple yet fundamentally superb. Fresh peaches and berries, in season, complement this treasure. When not available, canned peaches and seedless raspberry preserves diluted with some brandy and warmed make ideal substitutes. Named for Nellie Melba, a famed Australian opera singer, Escoffier created this glorious creation while at the Savoy Hotel, London in 1892. An instant classic, this has become a favorite treat around the globe.
- 2 large fresh ripe peaches; or,
- 3 medium fresh ripe peaches
- 4 scoops vanilla ice cream
- pureed raspberries: either fresh or frozen, defrosted
- slivered almonds (optional)
- Quickly dip whole peaches into boiling water for a few seconds, then immediately plunge into ice cold water. Peel and pit the peaches and then slice. Arrange the peach slices on a dish or in a parfait glass.
- Place several scoops of Vanilla Ice Cream on top of the sliced peaches, and pour the raspberry puree over the ice cream.
- Garnish with sliced almonds, if desired.
For an incredible expression of incredibly good taste, try this amazing Lobster Bisque. Simply one ...
If you like seductive desserts, then you'll simply love Pumpkin Cognac Cheesecake. Perfect for Autu...
Paired with a scoop of Almond or Vanilla Bean ice cream, Ruby-Port and Fig Sauce is a spectacular de...
Finnish Onion Pie is naturally sweetened by the onions, and deliciously flavorful. Best served with ...