Summer is the perfect time to prepare Peach and Ricotta Tart, an exceptional Northern Italian dessert and a favorite at Venetian cafes. Seriously tasty and luxurious while being very economical.
- 2 1/2 Cups flour
- 1/2 Cup sugar
- 1 Cup nuts, finely chopped
- grated rind of 1 lemon
- 8 Tablespoons sweet butter in pieces
- 4 egg yolks
- 1 Tablespoon rum
- 4 Tablespoons ice water
- 5 medium ripe peaches
- 1 Tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 Cup powdered sugar
- 3/4 Cup ricotta
- 1 Cup whipping cream
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 Tablespoons peach or apricot liquor
- 2/3 Cup apricot jam
- Combine first 5 ingredients. Lightly beat yolks with rum and stir into flour mixture with a fork. Add ice water to make a dough. Wrap in plastic and chill for 30 minutes.
- Blanch peaches in boiling water, peel and cool. Reserve 1/2 of the peaches for topping in center, slicing the remaining peaches.
- Sprinkle with lemon juice that has been mixed with 1 Tablespoon confectioners sugar.
- Butter a 10" tart pan. Roll out the dough, line pan, pressing dough into place and pierce with a fork. Trim excess dough from edge. Line with wax paper and weight down with beans. Bake 15 minutes in a preheated 425 degrees F oven. Remove wax paper and weights and bake 5 more minutes.
- Combine ricotta and sugar in a food processor until smooth, adding the cream slowly until whipped. Add almonds and vanilla and pour into the shell. Place the reserved 1/2 peaches on top and arrange slices all around the edge. Combine the liquor and preserves in a small sauce pan, heat slightly and drizzle on top.
- Chill completely.
These Greek confections, Diples, are often served for New Year's, weddings or other celebrations.
Zucchini pancakes are an absolute treasure to behold, and a gem to consume. Their rich and fresh fla...
Bartlett Pear and Candied-Pecan Salad includes incredible flavors, superb textures and delightful ar...
Grilled Pound Cake with Berries is a simple, easy way to make a quick summer dessert. Perfect for e...