Summer is the perfect time to prepare Peach and Ricotta Tart, an exceptional Northern Italian dessert and a favorite at Venetian cafes. Seriously tasty and luxurious while being very economical.
- 2 1/2 Cups flour
- 1/2 Cup sugar
- 1 Cup nuts, finely chopped
- grated rind of 1 lemon
- 8 Tablespoons sweet butter in pieces
- 4 egg yolks
- 1 Tablespoon rum
- 4 Tablespoons ice water
- 5 medium ripe peaches
- 1 Tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 Cup powdered sugar
- 3/4 Cup ricotta
- 1 Cup whipping cream
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 Tablespoons peach or apricot liquor
- 2/3 Cup apricot jam
- Combine first 5 ingredients. Lightly beat yolks with rum and stir into flour mixture with a fork. Add ice water to make a dough. Wrap in plastic and chill for 30 minutes.
- Blanch peaches in boiling water, peel and cool. Reserve 1/2 of the peaches for topping in center, slicing the remaining peaches.
- Sprinkle with lemon juice that has been mixed with 1 Tablespoon confectioners sugar.
- Butter a 10" tart pan. Roll out the dough, line pan, pressing dough into place and pierce with a fork. Trim excess dough from edge. Line with wax paper and weight down with beans. Bake 15 minutes in a preheated 425 degrees F oven. Remove wax paper and weights and bake 5 more minutes.
- Combine ricotta and sugar in a food processor until smooth, adding the cream slowly until whipped. Add almonds and vanilla and pour into the shell. Place the reserved 1/2 peaches on top and arrange slices all around the edge. Combine the liquor and preserves in a small sauce pan, heat slightly and drizzle on top.
- Chill completely.
One of the treasures of afternoon tea or an evening coffee, Streusel Coffee Cake is perfect for ente...
A classic of Irish cuisine, our Dublin Lawyer recipe is packed with powerful flavor and the wealth o...
Sweet, crunchy, flavorful, Almond Topped Pear Pie is an exceptional dessert. The wonderful pie has ...
A rich, flavorful cake with a sweet, delectable frosting, Southern Red Velvet Cake is an absolute de...