Patatas Bravas is an incredible side dish packed with intense flavor and delightful taste sensations. Your palate will crave more!
Patatas Bravas can be served as a side dish, tapas or appetizer. Either way, it's spicy and crunchy.
Author: Epicurus.com Kitchens
Recipe type: Side Dish
- 12 large new potatoes
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 small onion
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 small dried red chili pepper
- 4 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 Cup pureed tomatoes
- 1/2 Cup dry white wine
- 2 Tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- salt, to taste
- freshly-ground black pepper, to taste
- parsley; to garnish
- Scrub the potatoes, place them in a saucepan of cold water and bring to a boil. Cook for 10 minutes, until almost tender.
- For the tomato sauce, finely chop the onion and garlic and crush the chili pepper. Heat one tablespoon of oil in a small saucepan and add the onion and garlic.
- Cook for three minutes until softened, then add chili pepper, tomatoes, wine, parsley and salt and pepper to taste. Simmer for 20 minutes until thickened, stirring occasionally.
- Drain the potatoes and rinse under cold water. Pat dry and cut each one into four wedges. Brush the potato wedges with the remaining olive oil and sprinkle with the paprika.
- Place on the grill rack, grill for five to six minutes, turning frequently, until golden all over.
- Transfer the potatoes to a serving dish, pour the tomato sauce over them. Garnish with parsley.
This Spanish dish presents golden grilled or roasted potatoes with a piquant tomato sauce.