Delightful little mints that make a great accompaniment to coffee or as an after-dinner treat. Superb, buttery taste compounded with mint give a soothing and refreshing flavor to the palate.
- 3 Tablespoons butter
- 3 Tablespoons milk; or half and half
- 14 ounces creamy style frosting mix; 1 packet
- 1 teaspoon mint extract
- red or green food coloring
- Melt butter with milk on top of double boiler. Add frosting mix. Stir until smooth. Cook over rapidly boiling water; 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add mint and desired food coloring.
- Drop from teaspoon onto waxed paperr, swirling tops of candies. (Keep candy over hot water while dropping wafer. If mixture thickens, add few drops of hot water.) Cool until firm.
- MAKES: 5 dozen