Pasta with Creamy Vegetables
Author: Epicurus.com Kitchens
Recipe type: Pasta
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound chicken breast, skinless, boneless; cut in small cubes
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 carrot, cut in thin 2-inch matchsticks
- 1/2 red pepper, cut into thin strips
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 pound small pea pods
- 1/4 Cup dry white wine
- 1 Cup low-fat evaporated milk
- 8 ounces pasta, cooked
- salt and pepper, to taste
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat 1 tablespoon of the oil until hot. Add chicken; saute' 5 minutes, until cooked through. Remove and keep warm.
- Add remaining olive oil and garlic to pan, heat and add carrot, red pepper, onions, rosemary and basil. Saute' 5 minutes more.
- Add pea pods and wine; actively simmer for several minutes, stirring, until wine is reduced and almost evaporated. Add milk and simmer again, for 5 minutes, to reduce. Sauce will be thin.
- Add sauce and reserved chicken to hot, cooked pasta. Stir gently to combine. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Ladle into four individual serving dishes and, if desired, garnish each with a sprig of rosemary.
- Makes 4 servings.