Pasta with Cotija and Olives is the romantic blending of Mexican and Italian cuisines. A perfect salad for hot days, this dish is incredibly cooling, and refreshing.
Pasta with Cotija and Olives
Ideal in hot weather.
Author: Epicurus.com Kitchens
Recipe type: Salads
- 1 box dried pasta of choice, prepared according to package directions, drained and cooled.
- 1 Cup cotija cheese, cut into cubes
- 1 Cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 Cup black olives, sliced
- large handful fresh basil leaves, roughly chopped
- olive oil
- sea salt
- black pepper or red pepper flakes, if desired (optional)
- Combine first five ingredients, and toss with olive oil and sea salt to taste. Add black pepper or red pepper flakes if desired.
- The pasta should be cool, though Cotija does not melt with heat.
This dish is best served as a side dish and is ideal for picnics, tailgate parties, clambakes or other outdoor dining. If you add sliced grilled chicken or steak, it can be served as a main course salad.