Pasta Carbonara is a simple, wonderful and flavor-rich dish that has outstanding ingredients and becomes a treasured dish to enjoy many times. This recipe may be served for breakfast (yes, it’s bacon and eggs), lunch, dinner, brunch or late-night supper. Any time of day, it’s perfect.
- 2 Quarts water
- 6 ounces white vinegar
- 2 eggs, large
- 3/4 pound fettucine, cooked
- Carbonara Sauce, (recipe follows)
- 4 ounces Parmesan cheese, grated
- salt and pepper, as needed
- parsley, chopped, for garnish
- Parmesan cheese, shaved, for garnish
- 6 ounces Applewood-smoked bacon, medium thickness
- 1 medium Spanish onion, julienned
- 2 ounces garlic, minced
- white wine, as needed
- 6 ounces chicken stock
- 2 to 3 teaspoons fresh thyme, chopped
- Combine water and vinegar in small saucepan and bring to simmer. Gently crack eggs into simmering water; poach just until set. Drain thoroughly; set aside in warm spot.
- Toss cooked pasta with sauce and grated Parmesan; add salt and pepper to taste.
- To serve, divide pasta between 2 bowls and top each with poached egg. Garnish with parsley and shaved Parmesan.
- In large skillet, render bacon until crisp. Add onion and sauté until caramelized.
- Add garlic and cook until fragrant. Deglaze pan with a splash of white wine; reduce by half. Add chicken stock and thyme; reduce by a third.
- This makes about 10 ounces of sauce.
The wonderful combination of flavors in Orange Waldorf Salad are based on the salad created at New Y...
Zucchini Ciambotta is an extraordinary vegetable dish that may be served as a side dish or vegetaria...
In these trying times, a bowl of Tomato, Tarragon and Vodka Soup with a bit of kick never goes amiss...
The rich flavor of grilled tuna pairs perfectly with the delightful sensation of Tomato Basil Butter...