Pasta Carbonara is a simple, wonderful and flavor-rich dish that has outstanding ingredients and becomes a treasured dish to enjoy many times. This recipe may be served for breakfast (yes, it’s bacon and eggs), lunch, dinner, brunch or late-night supper. Any time of day, it’s perfect.
- 2 Quarts water
- 6 ounces white vinegar
- 2 eggs, large
- 3/4 pound fettucine, cooked
- Carbonara Sauce, (recipe follows)
- 4 ounces Parmesan cheese, grated
- salt and pepper, as needed
- parsley, chopped, for garnish
- Parmesan cheese, shaved, for garnish
- 6 ounces Applewood-smoked bacon, medium thickness
- 1 medium Spanish onion, julienned
- 2 ounces garlic, minced
- white wine, as needed
- 6 ounces chicken stock
- 2 to 3 teaspoons fresh thyme, chopped
- Combine water and vinegar in small saucepan and bring to simmer. Gently crack eggs into simmering water; poach just until set. Drain thoroughly; set aside in warm spot.
- Toss cooked pasta with sauce and grated Parmesan; add salt and pepper to taste.
- To serve, divide pasta between 2 bowls and top each with poached egg. Garnish with parsley and shaved Parmesan.
- In large skillet, render bacon until crisp. Add onion and sauté until caramelized.
- Add garlic and cook until fragrant. Deglaze pan with a splash of white wine; reduce by half. Add chicken stock and thyme; reduce by a third.
- This makes about 10 ounces of sauce.
The extraordinary flavor of Classic Prime Rib comes directly from its intensely simple preparation. ...
The sweetness of these potatoes is enhanced tenfold by grilling. The rich caramel flavor brings out ...
In Louisiana, economical, tasty food is the rule, and thus Cajun Red Beans and Rice have become a st...
The Roast Beef Blues Panini is a superb lunch recipe that perfectly satisfies the most intense hunge...