Pasta Carbonara is a simple, wonderful and flavor-rich dish that has outstanding ingredients and becomes a treasured dish to enjoy many times. This recipe may be served for breakfast (yes, it’s bacon and eggs), lunch, dinner, brunch or late-night supper. Any time of day, it’s perfect.
- 2 Quarts water
- 6 ounces white vinegar
- 2 eggs, large
- 3/4 pound fettucine, cooked
- Carbonara Sauce, (recipe follows)
- 4 ounces Parmesan cheese, grated
- salt and pepper, as needed
- parsley, chopped, for garnish
- Parmesan cheese, shaved, for garnish
- 6 ounces Applewood-smoked bacon, medium thickness
- 1 medium Spanish onion, julienned
- 2 ounces garlic, minced
- white wine, as needed
- 6 ounces chicken stock
- 2 to 3 teaspoons fresh thyme, chopped
- Combine water and vinegar in small saucepan and bring to simmer. Gently crack eggs into simmering water; poach just until set. Drain thoroughly; set aside in warm spot.
- Toss cooked pasta with sauce and grated Parmesan; add salt and pepper to taste.
- To serve, divide pasta between 2 bowls and top each with poached egg. Garnish with parsley and shaved Parmesan.
- In large skillet, render bacon until crisp. Add onion and sauté until caramelized.
- Add garlic and cook until fragrant. Deglaze pan with a splash of white wine; reduce by half. Add chicken stock and thyme; reduce by a third.
- This makes about 10 ounces of sauce.
The staple of soldiers in World War II, served on toast, Creamed Chipped Beef is making its way back...
Baked Brie with Cranberry Relish is the perfect appetizer for entertaining the in‐laws during the co...
Lobster Macaroni and Cheese is a colorful, rich seafood dish full of wonderful flavors and amazing t...
For those who prefer meatless dishes, the Pulled BBQ Mushroom Sandwich is a genuinely tasty sandwich...