Parsnip and Apple Casserole is a glorious British dish that’s perfect for Thanksgiving celebrations in the United States or Canada. The flavors are earthy, sweet and luscious.
- 3/4 pound parsnips
- 1 Cup plus 1 Tablespoon apple sauce
- butter for greasing the dish
- 1/3 Cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon grated nutmeg
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/3 Cup unsalted butter
- 1 1/4 Cup soft white breadcrumbs (gluten free works too)
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- Prepare and boil or steam the parsnips.
- Mash or sieve them.
- Arrange with the apple sauce in layers in a greased casserole.
- Sprinkle each layer with brown sugar, salt, nutmeg, lemon juice, and flakes of butter.
- Top with the breadcrumbs and sprinkle with paprika.
- Cook in a fairly hot oven, 375 degrees F, for 30 minutes.
This complex recipe is truly rich yet incredibly flavorful. An original Creole creation, Trout with ...
An incredibly rich and flavorful recipe, Lentil Casserole and Dumplings makes a great dinner, with s...
The pairing of flavors in our Prosciutto Sandwich is absolutely incredible, making it a delicious tr...
Great served with hot dogs, hamburgers, grilled bratwurst or other summertime barbecued or grilled m...