Parsnip and Apple Casserole is a glorious British dish that’s perfect for Thanksgiving celebrations in the United States or Canada. The flavors are earthy, sweet and luscious.
- 3/4 pound parsnips
- 1 Cup plus 1 Tablespoon apple sauce
- butter for greasing the dish
- 1/3 Cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon grated nutmeg
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/3 Cup unsalted butter
- 1 1/4 Cup soft white breadcrumbs (gluten free works too)
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- Prepare and boil or steam the parsnips.
- Mash or sieve them.
- Arrange with the apple sauce in layers in a greased casserole.
- Sprinkle each layer with brown sugar, salt, nutmeg, lemon juice, and flakes of butter.
- Top with the breadcrumbs and sprinkle with paprika.
- Cook in a fairly hot oven, 375 degrees F, for 30 minutes.
Springerle are made with wooden moulds or mould-cut rolling pins. The cookies are decorative and del...
The Waffle is a classic, originating in Belgium; this version perfected in the American South. Paire...
One of the best Thai soups, Chicken Soup with Lemon and Ginger is extraordinarily flavorful, aromati...
The Roast Beef Blues Panini is a superb lunch recipe that perfectly satisfies the most intense hunge...