Author: Epicurus.com Kitchens
Recipe type: Vegetables
- 1 pound baby carrots
- 1/2 Cup water
- 2 Tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 Tablespoon butter
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 teaspoons Equal* measure, or
- 2 packages Equal
- 2 Tablespoons parsley, snipped
- In a medium saucepan combine carrots, water, lemon juice, butter, salt and pepper.
- Bring to boiling, reduce heat. Cover, cook over low heat for 15 minutes or until just tender.
- Continue to cook, uncovered, 5 to 10 minutes more or until most of the liquid has evaporated, carefully stirring occasionally to prevent sticking.
- Remove from heat. Stir in Equal*Measure and parsley. makes 4 (2/3) Cups servings.
Nutrition information per serving: Calories: 77 Diabetic Food Exchanges: 2 Vegetable, 1 Fat 1 g Prot; 12 g Carb; 3 g fat; 0 mg Chol; 237 mg Sodium