These crisp, savory pizzelle or waffle-cones make a great device for serving small bites of salad, miniature meatballs or savory ice creams. The glorious combination provides a wonderful appetizer.
- 2 Cups waffle mix or Bisquick
- 1 Cup water
- 3 Tablespoons light corn syrup (6 Tablespoons if using Bisquick)
- 2 Tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- 1/2 Cup prepared pesto sauce
- 2 Tablespoons finely grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- a pinch of salt and pepper to taste
- In large bowl, whisk together waffle mix (or Bisquick) and water.
- Stir until smooth and lump free. Add remaining ingredients in order and blend thoroughly.
- Spoon onto hot waffle plates.
- Bake at 3 1/2 setting on a Chef's Choice Petite Cone waffle-maker.
- Roll immediately.
- Pinch the bottom of each cone to ensure it stays sealed and filling doesn't spill or drip out.
Asian Barbecued Duck is a superb recipe with great flexibility. We use this to make exceptional duck...
The lusciousness and soothing, cooling flavor of Honeydew Sorbet make this the quintessential desser...
Lemon Cream Pie is a refreshing, cooling recipe that is a crowd-pleaser, particularly on hot summer ...
Blond Brownies are an American classic and pair perfectly with ice cream, custards or simply a glass...