These crisp, savory pizzelle or waffle-cones make a great device for serving small bites of salad, miniature meatballs or savory ice creams. The glorious combination provides a wonderful appetizer.
- 2 Cups waffle mix or Bisquick
- 1 Cup water
- 3 Tablespoons light corn syrup (6 Tablespoons if using Bisquick)
- 2 Tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- 1/2 Cup prepared pesto sauce
- 2 Tablespoons finely grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- a pinch of salt and pepper to taste
- In large bowl, whisk together waffle mix (or Bisquick) and water.
- Stir until smooth and lump free. Add remaining ingredients in order and blend thoroughly.
- Spoon onto hot waffle plates.
- Bake at 3 1/2 setting on a Chef's Choice Petite Cone waffle-maker.
- Roll immediately.
- Pinch the bottom of each cone to ensure it stays sealed and filling doesn't spill or drip out.
Irish Sausages are another major staple of the cuisine of the Emerald Isle. They're high in fat cont...
Simply extraordinary! Easy Chocolate Terrine can be made any time of year for a perfect dessert. Ser...
Pork Tenderloin with Apple Chutney is a delicious way of preparing a glorious meal. The spicy, swee...
Peaches and cream is a traditional favorite blending of flavors, but the addition of a hint of Amare...