Parmesan-Crusted Baked Tomato
Author: Epicurus.com Kitchens
Recipe type: Vegetables
- 3 teaspoons olive oil; divided
- 4 slices tomato
- 2 Tablespoons bread crumbs
- 2 Tablespoons Parmesan cheese; grated
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- Rub a sheet pan with 1 teaspoons olive oil. Place tomato slices on pan and drizzle with 1 teaspoons olive oil. Combine bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese, onion powder, garlic powder and salt and pepper to taste. Place a thick layer of mixture on top of each tomato and drizzle with remaining olive oil. Bake at 425 degrees F for 20 minutes until golden brown.
Per serving: 51 calories, 2 g protein, 4 g carbohydrate, 3 g fat, 1 g saturated fat, 2 mg cholesterol, 73 mg sodium, 1 g fiber.