These tangy, flavorful dolmades make exceptional appetizers or hors d’oeuvres for parties or great snacks and lunches. Rich earthy flavor that entices the palate for more.
- 1 1/2 pounds ground lamb
- 1 large yellow onion; chopped fine
- 1 bunch parsley; chopped
- 1 bunch fresh mint; chopped
- 1 Cup pine nuts
- 1/2 Cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 Cup olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 jar grape leaves *
- water (as needed)
- *Note: Grape leaves should be washed and stems removed.
- In a large bowl place the lamb, onions, parsley, mint, pine nuts, lemon juice, olive oil, oregano, salt, and pepper. Mix the ingredients together with your hands so that they are well combined.
- Lay a grape leaf out flat. Place approximately 3 ounces of the lamb mixture in the center of the grape leaf. Fold over the stem end. Fold over the two sides. Roll up the grape leaf so that the mixture is completely encased. Repeat this process until all of the meat mixture is used.
- Preheat the oven to 350 F. Line the bottom of a large baking dish with approximately 10 grape leaves. Place the stuffed grape leaves in the dish so that they are tightly packed. Cover the stuffed grape leaves with water and bake them for 1 hour.
Shape these cheesy crackers into creepy Witch's Fingers, pressing a sliced or skinned almond onto th...
This more complicated holiday turkey recipe adds great dimensions and flavor to your celebration. Ma...
For something unusual, refreshing, and tasty, try our Caribbean Papaya-Orange Soup recipe. The kids ...
Pasta Carbonara is a simple, wonderful and flavor-rich dish that has outstanding ingredients and bec...