Panhandler Salisbury Steak
Author: Epicurus.com Kitchens
Recipe type: Beef
- 2 bouillon cubes
- 1/2 Cup hot water
- 1 1/2 pounds lean ground beef
- 1 small onion,minced
- 1/2 Cup fine dry bread crumbs
- 1 Tablespoon Worcestershire sauce or celery salt
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup (or cream of celery)
- 1 soup can milk
- baking powder biscuits, if desired
- Dissolve bouillon cubes in hot water. Mix this in with meat, onion, crumbs, seasonings and beaten egg. Be careful with additional seasonings as cubes and Worcestershire sauce may be quite enough.
- Shape into eight patties and place in a shallow baking dish, 8 x 11".
- Beat milk with cream of mushroom soup (or cream of celery). Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Bake patties about 15 minutes or until lightly browned, then cover all with the blended soup mixture.
- Top each patty with the prepared baking powder biscuit, if desired. Return to oven for an additional 15 to 20 minutes or until biscuits are nicely browned.
- Makes 8 patties.