Panfried Lake Trout Fillets in Tempura Batter
Author: Epicurus.com Kitchens
Recipe type: Seafood
- 1 1/2 pounds lake trout fillet or
- 4 trout steaks
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest; grated
- 2 Tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 Cup water
- 1 Cup corn flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 egg white
- 1/2 Cup vegetable oil
- Cut fish fillets in half lengthwise. Combine lemon zest, lemon juice and water.
- Blend in corn flour to form a smooth batter; stir in the baking powder.
- Set aside for 10 minutes.
- Beat egg until soft peaks form. Fold into batter. Dip fillets in batter, then allow excess to drain. Shallow fry fish in hot oil for 2 minutes on each side or until flesh flakes.
- This is also a great batter for deep fried fish of all kinds as well.