You and guests alike will crave many more of these luscious wonton appetizers, so be prepared to make double or triple this recipe. Perfect for passed hors d’oeuvres.
Pan Fried Vegetable WonTons with Sesame Dip
Author: Epicurus.com Kitchens
Recipe type: Dips and Salsas
- 1/3 Cup seasoned rice vinegar
- 1/3 Cup soy sauce
- 1/2 Cup water
- 2 Tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon chile oil, or
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper, crushed
- 1/2 Cup cabbage, shredded
- 1/3 Cup carrots, shredded
- 3 green onions, minced
- 4 Tablespoons cilantro leaves, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper or to taste
- 1 Tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 Tablespoon sesame oil
- 24 wonton wrappers
- 3 Tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/8 Cup water
- Dip: Combine all dip ingredients in a small serving bowl. Place in the center of a small serving platter.
- Wontons: In a bowl, combine cabbage, carrots, green onions, cilantro, garlic, red pepper, soy sauce and sesame oil. Mix well.
- Put a small spoonful of filling in each wonton wrapper. Fold corner-to-corner to make a triange, then fold in the side, like an envelope.
- Repeat with remaining wontons.
- Coat the bottom of a nonstick frying pan with oil and heat over medium-high heat until hot. Gently place wontons in a pan and let cook until bottoms are golden and crusty, about 3 minutes. Then pour water into pan, cover and let wontons steam for about 2 minutes.
- Arrange on the platter.
- Makes 24 wontons.