Pan-Fried Trout with Sage and Almonds
Author: Epicurus.com Kitchens
Recipe type: Seafood
- 1/4 Cup unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1/4 Cup sliced almonds (with skins), toasted
- 3 Tablespoons dried sage leaves
- 1 teaspoon salt
- freshly ground pepper to taste
- 4 brook trout (about 1 pound each), cleaned, heads and tails left on
- 6 Tablespoons peanut or olive oil
- Place the flour, almonds, sage, salt, and pepper in a food processor, and process until fine.
- Sprinkle the mixture on a plate, and coat each trout well with it. Sprinkle the cavities of the fish lightly with additional salt and pepper.
- Divide the oil between 2 large skillets, and place over medium-high heat.
- Saute the trout turning once, until golden and crisp, about 10 minutes.
The New Basics Cookbook, by Julee Rosso and Sheila Lukins, Workman Publishing Company, Inc., NY, 1989.