Pan Fried Sole with Caper Butter provides a luscious, mouthwatering gastronomic sensation. Simply exceptional from the first bite.
Pan Fried Sole with Caper Butter
Use filet of sole, Dover sole or lemon sole for this, or try salmon, haddock or flounder.
Author: Epicurus.com Kitchens
Recipe type: Main Course
- 3 large potatoes, cut into 1-inch cubes
- pinch chilli flakes
- 4 Tablespoons olive oil
- 2 1/2 Tablespoons salted butter
- 4 large sole fillets
- 4 Tablespoons organic all-purpose flour, seasoned
- 2 Tablespoons salted capers, rinsed and drained
- 2/3 Cup white wine
- 1 Tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- lemon wedges, to serve
- Heat the oven to 375 degrees F/190 degrees C/gas 5 (170 degrees C for fan ovens). Put the potatoes, chilli flakes and 3 Tablespoons oil in a bowl and season. Mix well to coat the potatoes, then arrange in a single layer in a roasting pan.
- Roast for 30 to 35 minutes, turning once, until golden and tender.
- Meanwhile, heat the remaining oil and 2 Tablespoons butter in a large frying pan until foamy. Wash and pat dry the sole with kitchen paper. Toss in the seasoned flour, dusting off any excess, and add to the pan.
- Cook for 2 to 4 minutes each side, until golden. (The flesh is cooked through when it turns opaque.) Transfer to a plate and keep warm.
- Add the capers and wine to the pan and simmer for 2 to 3 minutes. Add the remaining butter, stir in the parsley and season.
- Serve the fish with the sauce spooned over the top, with the potatoes, a green salad and lemon wedges.
Serving size: 1 Calories: 616 Fat: 21 g Saturated fat: 6.5 g Sugar: 3.5 g Sodium: 1.8 g