Pan-Fried Brook Trout
Author: Epicurus.com Kitchens
Recipe type: Seafood
- 4 brook trout, with head and tail left on
- 2 Tablespoons flour
- 7 Tablespoons butter
- 3 Tablespoons oil
- 2 Tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 Tablespoons chives; minced
- Water and pat dry. Dust lightly with flour, and sprinkle with salt.
- In a large skillet, melt 3 tablespoons of the butter and the oil.
- When it is hot, put in the trout and fry over medium-high heat.
- When browned, turn and brown the other side; each side will take about 3 minutes.
- Melt the remaining 4 tablespoons of butter with lemon juice and chives in a small saucepan.
- When the trout is done, transfer to a warm platter and pour on the sauce.
Recipe by: The Fannie Farmer Cookbook