A tasty mix, Orrechiete with Autumn Vegetables, heralds the flavors of the Autumn season, this dish is a wonderful treat.
Orrechiete with Autumn Vegetables
Author: Epicurus.com Kitchens
Recipe type: Main Course
- 5 cipollini (Italian onions), peeled
- 6 ounces baby carrots, peeled
- 2 small zucchini
- 3/4 medium eggplant
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced, seeded
- 1 medium fennel bulb
- 15 garlic cloves, peeled, divided
- 2/3 Cup olive oil, divided
- salt, pepper to taste
- 4 fresh sage leaves
- 1 teaspoon fresh marjoram leaves
- 8 fresh basil leaves
- 1/4 Cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/2 Cup almonds, peeled, toasted
- 1/2 Cup bread crumbs, preferably homemade
- 2 Tablespoons unsalted butter
- Cut onions, carrots, zucchini, eggplant, pepper and fennel into 1/2-inch dice.
- Toss vegetables and garlic cloves with 1/3 cup oil; season with salt and pepper. Spread on sheet pan and roast at 425 degrees F until lightly browned, 30 to 40 minutes; cool.
- Chop herbs and set aside. Grind almonds in food processor; combine with bread crumbs.
- Melt butter in saute pan; add bread crumbs. Cook until golden brown, stirring often; season with salt and set aside.
- Cook pasta al dente; drain and keep warm.
- In saucepan heat 3 Tablespoons olive oil. Add roasted vegetables and heat through.
- Mix vegetables, pasta, herbs, goat cheese and remaining olive oil; season with additional black pepper.
- Divide into 4 portions; top with almond bread crumbs; serve immediately.