Outrageously delightful and lots of fun for the youngsters at your table, this North African side dish has been adopted throughout the Mediterranean world. Variations exist around the world, so be creative and pick the ingredients you like most to create your own favorite.
- 1/4 teaspoons turmeric
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 Cups couscous
- 1/4 Cup golden raisins
- 1/2 Cup green onions, chopped
- 1 Tablespoon oil
- 1 Cup coarsely chopped almonds
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1/2 green pepper, chopped
- 2 Cups orange juice
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 5 cloves, whole
- Heat oil in a large skillet and cook almonds until lightly toasted.
- Add onions and green pepper; cook until soft. Add orange juice, cinnamon sticks, cloves, and spices and bring to a boil.
- Quickly stir in couscous and raisins, then cover and turn off heat. Let stand 5 minutes, or until liquid is absorbed completely.
- Fluff with a fork before serving.
- Sprinkle each portion with the green onions.
Chicken Tortilla Casserole is a wonderful dish perfect for young couples to enjoy. Simple to make, ...
Tomato Florentine Soup is a simple, tasty, and alluring dish that pleases the palate and brings a de...
One of our favorite cookies, Chocolate Crinkles have wonderful flavor. As these cookies bake, they p...
The earthy, wholesome flavors of mushrooms and truffles in Périgourdine Poached Egg juxtapose the gl...