This mock hollandaise is fundamentally, a simple orange-butter sauce. It is delicious and carries plenty of Vitamin-C. Delicious on a number of dishes or as a garnish sauce.
- 2 Cups fresh orange juice
- 1 Cup unsalted butter
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- (From "The New Basics" by Julee Rosso and Sheila Lukins. Workman; 1989)
- Place the orange juice in a saucepan and bring it to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer until it is thick and syrupy, 10-12 minutes. You should have 1/4 cup syrup. Set it aside.
- In another saucepan, melt the butter in a thin stream. Process a few more seconds, until thick.
- Serve immediately. Makes 2 cups; serves 4.