One Pot Chicken Casserole is a simple dish to prepare and one that sports incredible flavors in every morsel. It is a dish for one and all to enjoy.
One Pot Chicken Casserole
Author: Epicurus.com Kitchens
Recipe type: Main Course
Serves: 4 servings
- 2 ounces (50 g) butter
- 3 pounds (1.5 kg) chicken pieces
- 2 onions, halved and sliced
- 1 1/2 pounds (675 g) potatoes, sliced
- 4 fluid ounces (100 ml) chicken stock
- 3/4 pint (450 ml) dry cider
- 2 bay leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme chopped,
- OR pinch dried thyme (optional)
- 2 teaspoon cornstarch
- parsley, to garnish (optional)
- Preheat oven. 325°F/170°C/gas 3.
- Melt half the butter in a flameproof casserole and fry the chicken pieces until golden. Remove and set aside.
- Add the remaining butter to the casserole and saute the onions for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add potatoes and cook for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Return chicken pieces to casserole and mix with vegetables. Add stock and cider.
- Add bay leaves, salt, paprika and thyme, if using, and bring to the boil. Cover and transfer to oven. Cook for 1 1/2 to 1 3/4 hours until tender.
- Remove chicken and vegetables and arrange in serving dish. Mix cornflour with a little water and add to juices in casserole. Bring to boil, stirring, until thickened.
- Pour sauce over chicken, sprinkle with parsley and serve.