Olivia's Honey-Ginger Peach Barbecue Sauce
Add a little Southern style to your grilled pork ribs, chicken, and seafood.
Author: Epicurus.com Kitchens
Recipe type: Sauces
- 4 medium peaches; peeled, pitted
- 2 Tablespoons natural honey, strained if necessary
- 2 Tablespoons lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 1 1/2 teaspoons finely minced gingerroot
- 1 teaspoon Balsamic vinegar
- 5 drops hot pepper sauce
- Cut 3 of the peaches into chunks. Process with the honey, lemon juice, ginger, vinegar, and hot pepper sauce in a blender or food processor until smooth.
- Pour mixture into a small saucepan. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer uncovered 15 minutes or until slightly thickened, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, finely chop remaining peach. Stir into sauce.
- Brush on grilled pork, chicken, beef, or seafood during last 10 minutes of grilling time.
Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 38 Calories; trace Fat (0.9% calories from fat); trace Protein; 10g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 0mg Cholesterol; 2mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1/2 Fruit; 1/2 Other Carbohydrates.