Old-Style Wheat Biscuits
Author: Epicurus.com Kitchens
Recipe type: Breads and Rolls
- 1 Cup unbleached white flour
- 1 Cup whole wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon lite salt or less or none
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 Cup canola oil
- 2 Tablespoons vinegar
- 1 Cup skim milk
- Preheat oven to 475 degrees.
- Sift together flours, baking powder, salt and baking soda. Cut in oil until mixture looks like coarse corn meal.
- Put vinegar and milk together in a cup and stir. Stir enough milk into flour mixture until soft dough is formed.
- Sprinkle flour on countertop and knead dough. Roll out dough to 1 inch thick.
- Cut with a biscuit cutter or glass.
- Place on baking sheet. Bake about 12 minutes.
- Makes 16 2" biscuits.