Old-Fashioned Pearl Tapioca Pudding is a classic, traditional dessert of incredible flavor, eminently enjoyable by one and all. Enough to serve a loving crowd!
Old-Fashioned Pearl Tapioca Pudding
Author: Epicurus.com Kitchens
Recipe type: Desserts
- 3/4 Cup tapioca pearls, medium or large
- 4 1/2 Cups milk
- 4 1/2 Cups heavy cream
- 3 vanilla beans, split, scraped
- 1 1/2 Cups sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 6 egg yolks
- Soak tapioca in water, 10 to 12 hours. Drain.
- Gently heat milk, cream, vanilla beans and tapioca to slow simmer. Cook 1 hour, stirring often. Add sugar and salt. Bring to full simmer, being careful not to let tapioca stick.
- Put yolks into bowl. Stir in small amount of hot tapioca. Stir yolk mixture into tapioca. Transfer to bowl.
- Serve 6 ounce portions in dessert cups.