Holidays seem to increase the glorious flavors of Old Fashioned Apple Pie, a traditional American dessert that pairs nicely with cheese or ice cream.
Old Fashioned Apple Pie
Author: Epicurus.com Kitchens
Recipe type: Baked Goods
Serves: 1 pie
- 1 package 9-inch pan prepared double pie crusts
- 1 Cups sweetener, granulated
- 1/2 Cup cornstarch
- 3/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Line a 9-inch pie pan with prepared crust dough.
- Place sliced apples into a large mixing bowl and set aside.
- Combine granulated sweetener, cornstarch, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt in a small bowl. Sprinkle mixture over apples and toss. Spoon the apple mixture into pie crusts.
- Cover filled pie with another crust. Seal edges, trim and flute. Make small openings in the top crust to vent.
- Bake pie in preheated oven 40 to 50 minutes or until the top crust is golden.
- Serve warm or chilled.