An interesting side dish, Okra Braised with Tomatoes has roots in French and African cuisine, with some Latin American influences. As a vegetable, it’s wonderful every time.
- 3 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small onion; minced
- 1 clove garlic; minced
- 1 Tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 2 ripe tomatoes, peeled, seeded, and diced
- 2 Tablespoons dry white wine
- 1 Cup chicken stock
- 2 pounds okra; stems trimmed
- salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, warm oil. Add onion, garlic, and parsley and saute until onion is translucent (about 5 minutes).
- Stir in tomatoes, wine, and stock; cook a few minutes longer to blend flavors.
- Add okra to pan, spoon the pan juices over the top, and season with salt and pepper.
- Cover and simmer over medium-low heat until okra is very tender (about 20 minutes).
Seriously economical, and perfectly flavorful, Steak and Guinness Pie brings richness to your table ...
Which came first? The chicken or the egg? Well, Deviled Eggs showed up somewhere in between and plea...
Our recipe for Flourless Chocolate Cake includes a spectacular chocolate ganache sauce. This gluten-...
Sweet Potatoes a l'Orange is a wonderful, fun and tasty side dish perfect for the Autumn or Winter t...