Splendid for entertaining and full of rich seafood flavor.
Norwegian Sardine Pate
Author: Epicurus.com Kitchens
Recipe type: Appetizers
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons lemon or lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cans (3 1/4 ounces each) boneless skinless sardines, drained
- 1 Tablespoon chopped parsley
- 1/8 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- additional chopped parsley
- Cream together first four ingredients. Mash sardines and beat into cheese mixture with parsley and hot sauce. Form into mound or desired shape.
- Garnish with capers and parsley. Serve with toast fingers, bread or crackers.
- Makes 2 cups.