No-Knead Applesauce Bread is a simple, round, crusty bread of delightful flavor. It’s easy to make and incredibly tasty. Perfect with apple butter, jam, clotted cream or creamery butter and a proper cup of tea.
- 6 1/2 Cups all purpose flour
- 1 Tablespoon and 2 teaspoons instant yeast
- 4 1/3 teaspoons fine Kosher salt
- 2 1/8 Cups applesauce
- 2 1/8 Cups unsweetened apple cider, warmed
- Add the flour to a large mixing bowl. Mix in the yeast and salt. Pour in apple sauce and cider and stir together until just moistened. Stir for 40 strokes until the dough forms a sticky mass.
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap; let dough rise at room temperature for 2 hours or until it has doubled in size.
- On a floured counter top, divide dough into 4 pieces. Round off the sides into balls, cover with a kitchen towel, let rest 40 minutes.
- Dock the top of each ball with a slash about 1/2-inch deep. If dough is sticking to the counter, dust bottoms with cornmeal. Using a peel or a baking sheet, slide balls onto a hot baking stone in a 450 degrees F. oven.
- Bake until an internal thermometer reads at least 190 degrees F, at least 30 minutes.
Roast Leg of Lamb is one of the classic recipes of the world. Favored from Asia to the Americas, it...
Botsford Inn's Honey Baked Ham with Cumberland Sauce is the quintessential recipe for New Year's Day...
In grilling season, Grilled Fruit Skewers with Spicy Maple-Cumin Glaze is one incredible, enjoyable ...
Caramelized Root Vegetables are full of sweetness, though some of them hide the fact quite well. Na...