No-Knead Applesauce Bread is a simple, round, crusty bread of delightful flavor. It’s easy to make and incredibly tasty. Perfect with apple butter, jam, clotted cream or creamery butter and a proper cup of tea.
- 6 1/2 Cups all purpose flour
- 1 Tablespoon and 2 teaspoons instant yeast
- 4 1/3 teaspoons fine Kosher salt
- 2 1/8 Cups applesauce
- 2 1/8 Cups unsweetened apple cider, warmed
- Add the flour to a large mixing bowl. Mix in the yeast and salt. Pour in apple sauce and cider and stir together until just moistened. Stir for 40 strokes until the dough forms a sticky mass.
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap; let dough rise at room temperature for 2 hours or until it has doubled in size.
- On a floured counter top, divide dough into 4 pieces. Round off the sides into balls, cover with a kitchen towel, let rest 40 minutes.
- Dock the top of each ball with a slash about 1/2-inch deep. If dough is sticking to the counter, dust bottoms with cornmeal. Using a peel or a baking sheet, slide balls onto a hot baking stone in a 450 degrees F. oven.
- Bake until an internal thermometer reads at least 190 degrees F, at least 30 minutes.
An exceptional Indian dish, Diana's Moong Dal with Potatoes and Swiss Chard offers a superb vegetari...
Orange-Spice Coffee Cake offers a delicate blend of orange and spice. Perfect for breakfast, brunch...
Marinated Lamb Loin Chops with Roasted Red Onions is a tasty, appetizing dish with great aroma and a...
Kerry Casserole is a classic Irish dish, made with meaty Irish bacon, and sliced potatoes. The flav...