No-Knead Applesauce Bread is a simple, round, crusty bread of delightful flavor. It’s easy to make and incredibly tasty. Perfect with apple butter, jam, clotted cream or creamery butter and a proper cup of tea.
- 6 1/2 Cups all purpose flour
- 1 Tablespoon and 2 teaspoons instant yeast
- 4 1/3 teaspoons fine Kosher salt
- 2 1/8 Cups applesauce
- 2 1/8 Cups unsweetened apple cider, warmed
- Add the flour to a large mixing bowl. Mix in the yeast and salt. Pour in apple sauce and cider and stir together until just moistened. Stir for 40 strokes until the dough forms a sticky mass.
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap; let dough rise at room temperature for 2 hours or until it has doubled in size.
- On a floured counter top, divide dough into 4 pieces. Round off the sides into balls, cover with a kitchen towel, let rest 40 minutes.
- Dock the top of each ball with a slash about 1/2-inch deep. If dough is sticking to the counter, dust bottoms with cornmeal. Using a peel or a baking sheet, slide balls onto a hot baking stone in a 450 degrees F. oven.
- Bake until an internal thermometer reads at least 190 degrees F, at least 30 minutes.
Pasta e Fagioli is pasta filled soup is pronounced "pasta fajool" by most Italians. No matter how yo...
Chilled Udon with Teriyaki Chicken and Baby Bok Choy is well suited to lunch or dinner. Serve it as ...
If a sandwich can near perfection, the Apulian Grilled Steak Sandwich is right up there at the pinna...
Sumptuous, bubbling goodness are words that come to mind with this simple All-in-One Tuna Casserole....