A quick soup to prepare, it is full of deep, rich flavor. Try an all natural peanut butter to reduce sugar, but be mindful of the sodium content. Very tasty indeed.
Nigerian Peanut Soup
WARNING: This soup contains peanuts. Those who have allergies to peanuts should not make or consume this soup.
Author: Epicurus.com Kitchens
Recipe type: Soups and Stews
- 4 packets instant chicken broth and seasoning mix
- 4 Cups water
- 3 small dried green chili peppers, finely chopped
- 1/2 Cup each diced green bell pepper and onion
- 6 Tablespoons chunky-style peanut butter
- roasted peanuts, coarsely chopped
- pomegranate kernels
- In 1-quart saucepan dissolve broth mix in water; add chili peppers and bring mixture to a boil. Stir in bell pepper and onion and return to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low, cover, and let simmer until vegetables are tender, about 10 minutes.
- Reduce heat to lowest possible temperature; add peanut butter and cook, stirring constantly, until peanut butter is melted and mixture is well blended.
- Add chopped peanuts to the soup, top with pomegranate kernels.