One of the great classics of the world’s finest steakhouses, the NY Steak with Roquefort Butter is seriously good eating. The steak becomes an exceptional dining experience.
- 4 Tablespoons unsalted butter (1/2 stick); softened
- 2 ounces Roquefort blue cheese; crumbled (1/3 Cup) (or other blue cheese)
- 1/4 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly-ground black pepper
- 4 New York strip steaks, 1" thick; (about 3/4 pound each)
- extra-virgin olive oil; as needed
- Kosher salt, to taste
- freshly-ground black pepper, to taste
- 4 lemon wedges
- In a small bowl combine all the butter ingredients. With the back of a fork mash the butter mixture together until evenly distributed. Chill in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Allow the steaks to stand at room temperature for 20 to 30 minutes before grilling. Lightly brush or spray both sides of the steaks with olive oil. Season them with salt and pepper to taste.
- Grill over direct high heat until the internal temperature reaches 145 degrees for medium-rare, 8 to 10 minutes, turning once halfway through grilling time.
- Remove from the grill and allow to rest for about 5 minutes.
- Serve warm with the butter smeared over the top and lemon wedges served on the side.
Wine Recommendation: There are many wine choices here, but Merlot outshines the rest.
Beer Recommendation: Grab an assertive American pale ale with a creamy texture.
Comments: Butter is great on a steak but butter blended with blue cheese and garlic takes steak to the level of America's great steakhouses. Prepare to dine.
Coq au Vin is a classic country recipe that has gained in stature in the past few decades to become ...
The wealth of flavors in Blueberry Waldorf Salad give all who taste it an overwhelming sense of comf...
When it comes to comforting soups, few are as good as Butternut Squash Soup with Toasted Hazelnuts. ...
Clove, Cinnamon and Chocolate Cookies are packed with delightful flavors. Cinnamon and cloves pair w...