New York’s favorite dessert, made truly rich, creamy and exceptionally flavorful. New York Cheesecake is perfect after dinner with coffee.
New York Cheesecake
Author: Epicurus.com Kitchens
Recipe type: Dessert
Zwieback or Graham Cracker Crust:
- 1 1/4 Cups crushed Zwieback or Graham cracker crumbs
- 3 Tablespoons melted butter
- 1 Tablespoon sugar
- 2 pounds cream cheese
- 1 1/3 Cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 Tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon zest
- 1/3 Cup heavy cream
- In a bowl, mix together the crumbs, butter, and sugar and press into the bottom and partly up the sides of a 9 or 10 inch springform pan.
- Bake in a preheated 325 degrees F for 8 minutes or until lightly browned. Let cool.
- In a mixer, combine the cheese and sugar until blended. Add eggs and blend until smooth. Mix in flour, lemon zest, and cream.
- Pour into crust lined pan.
- Bake in a preheated 400 degrees F. oven for 10 minutes; reduce temperature to 250 degrees F. and continue baking 35 to 40 minutes longer or until just barely set.
- Turn off the oven, leave the door ajar, and let cool in the oven for 1 hour longer. Chill.
- To serve, remove pan sides and cut into wedges.