A delicious, earthy flavor is complemented by buttery pecans that add texture. Outstanding.
Mushroom Pate II
Author: Epicurus.com Kitchens
Recipe type: Appetizers
Serves: 1 1/2 Cups
- 1/3 Cup coarsely chopped pecans
- 1/4 Cup butter
- 3/4 Cup finely chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 pound mushrooms, finely chopped
- 2 Tablespoons dry Vermouth
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 Tablespoons Parmesan cheese
- 2 Tablespoons sour cream
- 1 Tablespoon finely chopped fresh parsley
- Toast pecans on baking sheet in 350 F oven for about 5 minutes or until fragrant; set aside.
- In large heavy skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Add onion and garlic, cook, stirring occasionally, until softened, about 4 minutes. Add mushrooms; cook for 6 minutes over medium high heat, stirring often. Add vermouth, salt and pepper to taste; cook for 2 minutes longer or until most of the moisture has evaporated. Remove from heat, stir in cheese and set aside to cool.
- Mix in sour cream and parsley.
- Taste and adjust seasonings if necessary. Transfer to serving bowl. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Just before serving, sprinkle with pecans.
- Makes about 1 1/2 cups.