A delicious pate with rich, earthy flavors enhanced by the Sherry. We used a blend of mushrooms including oysters, cremini, portobello and morels. Scrumptuous!
Mushroom Pate I
Author: Epicurus.com Kitchens
Recipe type: Appetizers
- 1/3 Cup butter
- 1/2 Cup fresh mushrooms (any type)
- 1/2 Cup finely chopped onion
- 2 Tablespoons dry Sherry or Vermouth
- 3 ounces cream cheese; softened
- 1/4 Cup minced fresh parsley
- In a fry pan, melt butter over med. heat, add mushrooms and onions. Cook until mushrooms are browned (10-15 minutes), stirring often. Mix in sherry. Remove from heat, set aside.
- In a bowl, beat cream cheese and parsley until blended, and then add mushroom mixture. Blend. (If you want the pieces of mushroom, just stir or Cuisinart it, so it's the same consistency as pate.)
- Refrigerate, and serve with breads or crackers.