This wonderful filling is great in breads and rolls, or as a filling for meats or small poultry. Seriously good.
Mushroom and Onion Filling
Author: Epicurus.com Kitchens
Recipe type: Fillings
Serves: 1 1/4 Cups
- 1/4 Cup butter
- 1/2 pound fresh mushrooms; minced
- 1 small onion; minced
- 2 Tablespoons whipping cream
- 2 eggs; well beaten
- Hungarian paprika
- salt and white pepper to taste
- 2 Tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- In a medium skillet over medium heat, melt butter. Add mushrooms and onions and saute until tender but not browned (about 5 minutes). Add 2 tablespoons cream and continue to saute until liquid is absorbed; if cream is absorbed very quickly, add more cream as needed to keep mixture moist.
- Pour in eggs and cook, stirring constantly, until eggs are just set and mixture is creamy.
Yield: 1 1/4 cups.
Season with paprika, salt, pepper, and parsley.