Murcian Salad (Ensalada Murciana)
Author: Barbara Norman
Recipe type: Salads and Dressings
- 2 heads lettuce - preferably romaine or Boston; medium size
- 2 medium green peppers
- 2 medium cucumbers
- 3 large tomatoes
- 1/2 medium onion - preferably sweet and mild
- 9 Tablespoons olive oil
- 3 Tablespoons vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Dice washed lettuce, peppers, tomatoes, onions and peeled cucumbers, but keep them all separate. Put a layer of chopped lettuce in a flat-bottomed serving dish with fairly high sides. Cover with a layer of chopped pepper, then a layer of cucumbers, topped by the onions and, lastly, the tomatoes.
- Mix olive oil, vinegar, and salt in a bowl and pour it over the salad.
- Cover the dish and keep it in a cool place for at least 2 hours before serving. Serve in the dish in which it was made.
Recipe Source: THE SPANISH COOKBOOK by Barbara Norman