Mum's the Word Salad
Author: Bob Pastorio
Recipe type: Salads and Dressings
- 1 head Boston lettuce, washed and dried
- 1 head romaine lettuce, washed and dried
- 1/2 Cup plucked chrysanthemum petals
- 1/4 Cup chrysanthemum leaves, washed and dried
- 1/4 Cup carnation petals
- Lay out lettuce and mum leaves on salad plates. Scatter petals over top and add your choice of mild dressing. A light raspberry vinaigrette or one made with Balsamic vinegar would be good.
Be particularly careful to use flowers grown in your own garden without pesticides or chemical fertilizers.