Mudslide Cookies are seriously wonderful treats that are ideal with milk, or even with mixed drinks. They’re scrumptious and delightful.
Author: Epicurus.com Kitchens
Recipe type: Baked Goods
Serves: 72 cookies
- 4 ounces cake flour
- 4 ounces bread flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 Tablespoon espresso powder
- 4 pounds semisweet chocolate chips
- 8 ounces butter, unsalted
- 16 eggs, large
- 3 pounds and as needed granulated sugar, divided use
- 1 Tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 3 pounds white chocolate chips
- 2 pounds pecan or walnut pieces, lightly toasted
- Confectioners’ sugar as needed
- Sift together cake and bread flours, baking powder, salt and espresso powder.
- Melt semisweet chocolate and butter in bowl over simmering water or in microwave at 50% power.
- In mixer, whisk eggs and sugar until pale yellow, then beat in vanilla extract.
- Fold in melted chocolate and butter.
- Fold in dry ingredients, nuts and white chocolate. Let dough stand at room temperature for at least 30 minutes.
- Portion dough into 2 1/2-ounce balls; roll balls in granulated sugar, then powdered sugar.
- Place dough on baking sheets lined with parchment paper; bake at 350 degrees F for 10 minutes or until dough has softened enough to press down. Flatten dough about halfway.
- Continue baking another 5 to 8 minutes or until edges of cookies can easily be lifted off parchment. Repeat with remaining dough.