Absolutely elegant, natural and delicious, this simple recipe will stun your guests with your culinary creativity. The flavor is incredible, rustic yet refined. Serve with prosciutto wrapped grissini, or plain breadsticks, Melba toast or other light, airy breads.
- 1/2 pound fresh mozzarella
- 1/2 Cup basil; whole big leaves
- 4 round tomatoes
- 1/4 Cup vinegar; red wine or balsamic
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 Cup oil; olive
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Slice cheese as thin as possible. Slice tomatoes, horizontally.
- On large platter, arrange tomato slicess, drizzled with a small amount of dressing. Place a layer of cheese, topped with a basil leaf. Continue layering, alternating tomato and mozzarella with a basil leaf.
- Drizzle with more dressing and serve.
- Combine vinegar, salt, pepper, oregano and olive oil and whisk well. Let marinate at room temperature for up to 1 hour before serving, whisk again just before preparation.
Crunchy, buttery and utterly delicious, Hazelnut Brittle is unusual, though it will become a favorit...
These amazing pancakes come originally to the American South by way of Welsh immigrants. Based on W...
Waldorf Astoria Red Cake is a rich, moist, sweet cake with a dark red, bright red or red-brown color...
Piquillo Peppers Stuffed with Smoked Duck Breast and Pistachios makes an alluring, enticing appetize...