Absolutely elegant, natural and delicious, this simple recipe will stun your guests with your culinary creativity. The flavor is incredible, rustic yet refined. Serve with prosciutto wrapped grissini, or plain breadsticks, Melba toast or other light, airy breads.
- 1/2 pound fresh mozzarella
- 1/2 Cup basil; whole big leaves
- 4 round tomatoes
- 1/4 Cup vinegar; red wine or balsamic
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 Cup oil; olive
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Slice cheese as thin as possible. Slice tomatoes, horizontally.
- On large platter, arrange tomato slicess, drizzled with a small amount of dressing. Place a layer of cheese, topped with a basil leaf. Continue layering, alternating tomato and mozzarella with a basil leaf.
- Drizzle with more dressing and serve.
- Combine vinegar, salt, pepper, oregano and olive oil and whisk well. Let marinate at room temperature for up to 1 hour before serving, whisk again just before preparation.
Chicken with Calvados in Cream is a classic of Normandy's delightful cuisine; a simple chicken dish ...
Traditional Scotch Broth is a truly wonderful soup, full of rich flavor. The mutton will be fork-ten...
The quintessential Spanish recipe; Paella is full of exciting flavors and enticing textures. Visuall...
Making our Green Bean Casserole with Crunchy Onions will demonstrate how making something from scrat...