Absolutely elegant, natural and delicious, this simple recipe will stun your guests with your culinary creativity. The flavor is incredible, rustic yet refined. Serve with prosciutto wrapped grissini, or plain breadsticks, Melba toast or other light, airy breads.
- 1/2 pound fresh mozzarella
- 1/2 Cup basil; whole big leaves
- 4 round tomatoes
- 1/4 Cup vinegar; red wine or balsamic
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 Cup oil; olive
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Slice cheese as thin as possible. Slice tomatoes, horizontally.
- On large platter, arrange tomato slicess, drizzled with a small amount of dressing. Place a layer of cheese, topped with a basil leaf. Continue layering, alternating tomato and mozzarella with a basil leaf.
- Drizzle with more dressing and serve.
- Combine vinegar, salt, pepper, oregano and olive oil and whisk well. Let marinate at room temperature for up to 1 hour before serving, whisk again just before preparation.
Absolutely wonderful, Artichoke and Bacon Frittata combines the delicious flavors of bacon and artic...
It's hard to resist a warm cinnamon-flavored Dutch breakfast treat, so when the Schnecken beckons, i...
Simply extraordinary! Easy Chocolate Terrine can be made any time of year for a perfect dessert. Ser...
Simply one of the best recipes we've found for Easter Sunday's holiday meal. Easter Roast Lamb with ...