Absolutely elegant, natural and delicious, this simple recipe will stun your guests with your culinary creativity. The flavor is incredible, rustic yet refined. Serve with prosciutto wrapped grissini, or plain breadsticks, Melba toast or other light, airy breads.
- 1/2 pound fresh mozzarella
- 1/2 Cup basil; whole big leaves
- 4 round tomatoes
- 1/4 Cup vinegar; red wine or balsamic
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 Cup oil; olive
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Slice cheese as thin as possible. Slice tomatoes, horizontally.
- On large platter, arrange tomato slicess, drizzled with a small amount of dressing. Place a layer of cheese, topped with a basil leaf. Continue layering, alternating tomato and mozzarella with a basil leaf.
- Drizzle with more dressing and serve.
- Combine vinegar, salt, pepper, oregano and olive oil and whisk well. Let marinate at room temperature for up to 1 hour before serving, whisk again just before preparation.
Nothing is more heart-warming than roasted chestnuts. Coming onto the market in Autumn through much ...
Dundee Cake is an illustrious Scottish confection and an absolute treasure. Made with almonds, curra...
Refried Beans is a staple of great Mexican and Southwestern cooking. With a touch of creativity, you...
There's incredible, delectable flavor in each spoonful of Black Forest Crepes, a sublime dessert any...