Absolutely elegant, natural and delicious, this simple recipe will stun your guests with your culinary creativity. The flavor is incredible, rustic yet refined. Serve with prosciutto wrapped grissini, or plain breadsticks, Melba toast or other light, airy breads.
- 1/2 pound fresh mozzarella
- 1/2 Cup basil; whole big leaves
- 4 round tomatoes
- 1/4 Cup vinegar; red wine or balsamic
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 Cup oil; olive
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Slice cheese as thin as possible. Slice tomatoes, horizontally.
- On large platter, arrange tomato slicess, drizzled with a small amount of dressing. Place a layer of cheese, topped with a basil leaf. Continue layering, alternating tomato and mozzarella with a basil leaf.
- Drizzle with more dressing and serve.
- Combine vinegar, salt, pepper, oregano and olive oil and whisk well. Let marinate at room temperature for up to 1 hour before serving, whisk again just before preparation.
Farfalle with Pumpkin Sauce is a wonderful harvest-time pasta recipe with a sauce full of earthy goo...
With an interesting variation of Hollandaise, Eggs Benedict with Salmon greatly differs from the ori...
To make Baked Pears is to love them. Simple, easy, and utterly delicious, this treasured dessert is...
Make this for your weekend family feast. This large recipe will feed the neighborhood, but it is del...