These Halloween confections are soft, crunchy, gooey and and fruity, but always delectable delights. Monster Munch is wonderful for entertaining kids or adults.
Author: Epicurus.com Kitchens
Recipe type: Snacks
Serves: 12 balls
- 3 Cups puffed rice cereal
- 1 Cup dried apricots; chopped
- 1 Cup raisins
- 1 Cup dry-roasted unsalted peanuts
- 1/3 Cup butter
- 1 pound marshmallows; large
- 1/2 Cup peanut butter
- In a large bowl, combine cereal, apricots, raisins and peanuts.
- In microwave safe 13x9-inch baking dish, melt butter and marshmallows on high 2 minutes.
- Stir. Add peanut butter.
- Cook on high 2 minutes longer.
- Stir until blended. Add cereal mixture to dish.
- Toss until well coated. Working quickly, with greased hands, form into balls, using about 1/2 cup mixture per ball.
- If mixture begins to cool and harden, cook on high 30 seconds or until softened.