An exciting pairing of monkfish with a tangy grapefruit sauce will leave your guests in awe of your gastronomic skills. Expect much deserved praise, as it will be fortcoming with abundance.
- 1 pound monkfish fillets, cut into small pieces
- olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon finely chopped fresh parsley
- 2 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 ounces butter
- 2 Tablespoons capers
- 2 grapefruit
- Segment the grapefruit by peeling away the skin and white pith with a sharp knife. Remove each segment and discard the rest. Fry monkfish in small amount of olive oil until just cooked.
- Make sauce by gently heating the butter and olive oil in a saucepan over a low heat - when warm add grapefruit, capers and chopped parsley. Pour over the fish.
Food Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 0 Lean Meat; 0 Vegetable; 2 Fruit; 14 1/2 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates
NOTES: An ideal dish for a dinner party or special occasion. Fresh tuna or prawns may be used instead of monkfish.