Mom’s Tuna Salad is as American as Apple Pie, and similarly, no two mom’s make it alike. This recipe has a great deal of flexibility and infinite variety. Delicious!
Mom's Tuna Salad
Author: Epicurus.com Kitchens
Recipe type: Salads, Sandwiches
Serves: 4 to 6
- 2 cans tuna (in water), drained
- 2 Tablespoons finely chopped gherkins
- 1/2 stalk celery, washed and sliced thin
- 2 jumbo eggs, hard-boiled and chopped
- black pepper, to taste
- Kaiser or other rolls for sandwiches
- Add tuna to a large bowl.
- Add the gherkins and celery. Blend well with a fork.
- Add some mayonnaise, in small quantities to reach the right consistency.
- Include the chopped eggs, blending well into the mixture. Add more mayonnaise to keep the consistency as you like it.
- Add pepper to taste.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- Use a scoopful to make a sandwich on a roll.