With a sweet coffee flavor, this topping is great on cakes, breads, rolls or pastries.
Author: Epicurus.com Kitchens
Recipe type: Toppings
- 1/2 Cup strong brewed coffee
- 2 Tablespoons powdered instant coffee
- 3/4 Cup unsalted butter
- 1/2 Cup sugar
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, warm brewed coffee. Add powdered coffee and stir to dissolve, then simmer until reduced by half. Remove from heat and let cool.
- In a medium mixing bowl, cream together butter and sugar until thick and fluffy.
- Gradually add cooled coffee, beating constantly.
Serve over Nut Slice.