Perfection in chocolate, Mocha Mousse Parfait with Kahlua Cream is full of extraordinary delights. Ideal for entertaining or a family treat.
Mocha Mousse Parfait with Kahlua Cream
Author: Epicurus.com Kitchens
Recipe type: Dessert
- 2 Cups heavy cream
- 5 bars (1.5 ounces each) Godiva Dark Chocolate, chopped
- 2 Tablespoons instant coffee
- 1/2 Cup heavy cream
- 1 Tablespoon Kahlua (coffee liqueur)
- 1 Tablespoon granulated sugar
- 2 Cups graham cracker crumbs
- fresh large berries
- cocoa powder
Make the Mocha Cream:
- Heat heavy cream in a medium-size heavy saucepan to a boil over medium-low heat. Place chocolate and coffee in mixing bowl. Pour hot cream over the chocolate. Let mixture stand for 30 seconds to melt the chocolate. Stir until blended and smooth. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until cooled, about 2 hours.
- Beat mocha cream until thickened, about 1 to 2 minutes, using electric mixer at medium speed. Be careful not to over-mix or the mixture will become too stiff. Set aside.
- Whip cream, Kahlua and sugar in bowl until soft peaks form, using electric mixer at high speed. Spoon 1/2 cup mocha cream into each of four 8-ounce dessert glasses. Top with 1/4 cup crushed graham crackers. Repeat layers.
- Top with 1/4 of Kahlua cream and remaining graham crackers. Garnish with cocoa powder and a berry.
- Optionally, add thinly sliced candied pineapple for a most unique flavor.