The caramelized sweetness of grilled vegetables is perfectly complemented by the exceptional, aromatic flavors of Gremolata. Simply a marriage made in heaven. Serve this as an antipasto, appetizer, vegetarian main course or as a great side dish with summer grilled meats or fish.
- 1/2 Cup olive oil
- 3 Tablespoons garlic, minced
- salt and freshly ground pepper, as needed
- 3 artichokes, cooked, halved, choke removed
- 1 zucchini, scored, halved lengthwise
- 2 new potatoes, boiled, sliced
- 1 fennel bulb, trimmed, blanched
- 12 baby carrots, blanched
- 12 asparagus stalks, trimmed, blanched
- 2 onions, sliced 1/2-inch thick
- 18 mushroom caps, trimmed
- 2 red or yellow bell peppers, cored and seeded
- 1 1/2 Cups firmly packed fresh flat-leaf parsley, trimmed of thick stems
- 4 to 5 garlic cloves
- 2 1/2 Tablespoons fresh oregano leaves (can substitute 2 teaspoons dried oregano)
- 3/4 Cup olive oil
- 2 1/2 Tablespoons red or white wine vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons capers, drained
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper (generous)
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes (generous)
- Combine oil, garlic and salt and pepper in large bowl. Add all vegetables; toss to coat. Let stand for 30 minutes.
- Prepare a hot grill. Add vegetables in the order listed in ingredients, cooking until they begin to take on color and are cooked as desired.
- Arrange on platter or plates; serve drizzled with gremolata, hot or at room temperature.
- Finely chop the parsley, fresh oregano, and garlic with a mezzaluna (or process in a food processor several pulses). Place in a small bowl.
- Stir in the olive oil, vinegar, capers, salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes. Adjust seasonings.
- Serve immediately or refrigerate. If chilled, return to room temperature before serving. Can keep for a day or two.
A glorious Spinach and Noodle Savory Kugel made with egg noodles with rich, earthy flavors. A superb...
Sour Cream Pound Cake is a delicious, lemony cake with a wonderful scent and flavor. Topped with a l...
From Ireland, the Daffodil Cake is called so because of its beautiful blend of white and yellow cake...
There is nothing like Summer Berry Meringue Roulade for a perfect dessert. Ideally paired with brun...