Mixed Berry Pavlova is light and creamy. The tangy berries complement the sweet meringue, giving the dish a delightful balance of flavors.
Mixed Berry Pavlova
Author: Epicurus.com Kitchens
Recipe type: Dessert
Serves: 6 servings
- 3 egg whites
- 3/4 Cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- filling (recipe follows)
- 1/2 pint heavy cream; whipped (or more)
- mixed berries, as desired (blueberries, strawberries, raspberries, blackberries, etc)
- Make 8-inch circle on wax paper or baking parchment; place on baking sheet.
- Whisk egg whites in bowl until stiff peaks. Gradually whisk half the sugar into egg whites.
- Fold in remaining sugar with cornstarch, vinegar, vanilla.
- Spoon or pipe meringue onto marked circle; bake at 300 degrees for 1 hour.
- Leave to cool in oven. Remove paper; place meringue on serving plate.
- Whip cream; spoon over base; arrange fruit. Chill.