Miso Grilled Salmon
This Californian version of a Japanese classic is a treasure and easy to make.
Author: Epicurus.com Kitchens
Recipe type: Main Course
- 1/2 Cup sweet white miso
- 1/4 Cup water
- 3 Tablespoons dry Sherry
- 2 Tablespoons sugar
- 2 Tablespoons minced ginger root
- 2 teaspoons minced green onion
- 4 salmon filets (4 ounces each)
- nonstick cooking spray
- Whisk together miso, water, Sherry, sugar, ginger and onion. Place filets in shallow glass dish and coat with miso mixture. Cover and refrigerate several hours or overnight.
- Scrape excess miso from fish to prevent burning. Cook on stove top grill pan sprayed with nonstick cooking spray over medium-high heat until fish flakes easily when tested with fork, 3 to 5 minutes each side. Brush filets with miso sauce during last few minutes of grilling to glaze.
- Serve with steamed brown rice sprinkled with ground seaweed.
This recipe yields 4 servings.
Serving size: Each Calories: 241 Fat: 8 g Carbohydrates: 13 g Sodium: 1300 mg Fiber: 0.87 g Protein: 24 g Cholesterol: 35 mg