Author: Epicurus.com Kitchens
Recipe type: Desserts
- 1/3 Cup Graham cracker crumbs
- 1 Tablespoon sugar
- 1 Tablespoon butter, melted
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 Cup sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 large egg
- NOTE: Garnishes can include fresh fruit, or strawberry or apricot preserves.
- Combine crumbs, sugar and butter. Press rounded measuring tablespoons, full of crumb mixture onto bottom of each of six paper-lined muffing cups.
- Bake at 325 degrees F. for 5 minutes.
- Combine cream cheese, sugar, juice, peel and vanilla, mixing at medium speed on electric mixer until well blended. Blend in egg; pour over crust, filling each cup 3/4 ful. Bake at 325 degrees F. for 25 minutes. Cool before removing from pan. Chill.
MAKE AHEAD: Wrap chilled cheesecakes individually in plastic wrap; freeze. Let stand at room temperature 40 minutes before garnishing and serving.
Top with garnishes just before serving.